Wednesday, December 16, 2015

LOVELY LOCATIONS // Bairro Alto, Nijmegen

Bairro Alto, this actually should have been the first Lovely Location here on the blog. This place is my favourite in Nijmegen. I've know it for a couple of years now and it still amazes me with every visit. My first thought at Bairro: cheesecake. Their cheesecake is the best one ever (order that one when you're there!!) Talking about pies/pastries/cakes, the salted caramel brownie is amazing too! Those two are my favourites.
It is quit hard to find some words for Bairro Alto, you really just have to experience having lunch/pie/coffee/tea there. Last week I went there again and took some photos (some photos are from last week and some are oldies) while drinking lovely tea: ginger-orange-cinnamon! Willemijn and I sat there a while talking dreaming, eating, enjoying our time there: She had the cheesecake and I ordered a sandwich with salmon, mozzarella di buffalo and herb mayonnaise, really, really good
Bairro Alto is such a lovely place to escape the city when you're in the city (it is just behind the Grote markt) and the perfect place to sit and have a nice talk including lovely drinks and foods! Sitting there is so intimate and cosy, which is really nice. Oh and when it's summer you can order a picknick basket and sit on the other site of the street: in the sun and in the grass. If you want to know some more click on the link just below the last photo to go to Bairro's website. Have you every been to Bairro Alto?

0 comments

Post a Comment