Whenever I've let exercise slip to the back burner, when I start back up, I like to add in several sessions of hard cardio to get my heart pumping again. This week, I've been doing 50 minutes at a time in the gym: 20 minutes on the treadmill at level 4 (a brisk walk), then 30 minutes on the stair climber at level 60-70. I make sure to bring my ipod or a magazine to keep me company for that amount of time. I also cover the clock on the machine so I'm not aware of how slowly the time passes and just check periodically. It feels so great when you're done and in the following days as you can feel your body responding, getting lighter and stronger.
Last week, my 3 year-old son got a bigger bike with training wheels, which prompted me to bust out my bike. I haven't ridden in years! But as soon as I got back on, I remembered how much I like it. Now, I want to ride my bike everyday.
Friday, August 23, 2013
Time to Get Movin' Again // Cardio & Bike Riding
Not to mention, it's great exercise and always a good idea to get out of your exercise rut and try something new. I put my gears on a hard setting that makes me work for each pedal and then ride around the neighborhood. I'm a little scared to try the bike trails in our park for fear of getting run over by the more experienced, fast riders. Bike riding can be challenging, but it's mostly fun and a great way to get exercise outside of the gym!
Have a great weekend! Take care of YOU!
Share this
Related Articles :
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
SPONSOR
Artikel Populer
-
Vintage/DIY jumper - Zara high waist skinnies - Vintage bag - COS chelsea boots - Hema necklace - Oasap ring Lots of vintage in this outfi...
-
Bairro Alto, Kannenmarkt 6, Nijmegen Bairro Alto, this actually should have been the first Lovely Location here on the blog. This place is m...
-
H&M blouse - Double Agent shorts - Birkenstock sandals - Vintage sunnies Sometimes less is more, just like the photos in this post, jus...
-
So I started creating some outfits again on Polyvore, the last time I made an outfit there seems ages ago. Maybe I can make this a returning...
-
Brandy Melville jumper, necklace // Zara skirt // Dr.Martens shoes // Vintage watch A new outfit! Last week I went to Amsterdam twice. On we...
-
Brandy Melville top & shorts - Oasap hat - AlieExpress necklace - SheInside coat - Vintage bag This is the best week, my exams are over ...
-
A new 'from beast to beauty' post again! I had this one ready for a while now but today I finally had time to shoot the after photog...
-
Once in a while I love to wander around in thrift/vintage stores to find fabric where out I can make something new. This skirt layed in my c...
-
Monday again, a new week to be brand new. And that's what I'll be. These two weeks will be full of studying, only studying. But afte...
-
Taking some photos in your own room on a sunny morning is always a good idea. This wednesday I had to go to school late in the morning/after...
Powered by Blogger.


0 comments
Post a Comment