Thursday, September 24, 2015

LOVELY LOCATIONS // Met Passie, Nijmegen

MET PASSIE
Ganzenheuvel 73, Nijmegen
LOVELY LOCATIONS, (I think) a new category on my blog. (I hope) because i love this post and this idea. Which idea? Searching and saving lovely hotspots. I would love to visit more places like this one. A big plus is that you can try the pastries everytime :) Last monday I went into Nijmegen again (free mondays are the best) with Janne. We walked to some places of the city where we normally wouldn't go straight away and we visited Met Passie. A lovely little cafe just a minute walk out of the, sometimes, busy center. 
First of all it has the most amazing floor you've ever seen, dated in 1897 and the tiles are hand painted. And then the chairs match the floor perfectly. You can go to Met Passie for coffee, tea or some cold drinks. And that with (highly recommend) very good cakes, pies and other pastries.  The cafe also has a "wine-basement" and plans for a high tea room upstairs and expansion to add a luch menu. Those are in progress right now but I'd love to go back there when those two are finished! 
Janne and I had some delicious apple pie and a Naturfrisk drink, I had the one with elderflower which was sooo good! I didn't knew what elderflower was, that's why I picked the taste. It was the really good, you should try it! As you can see we took some photos there. I didn't bring my camera so only number 2&3 from the three-in-a-row were taken by me. Janne took the other ones and the cafe looks even nicer through her camera! So that was my first 'hotspot' sort of post, I hope you liked it, let me know! Have you ever been to Met Passie?

0 comments

Post a Comment